Always Remember. Never Forget.

Remembering the lives lost. Thank you to the selfless soliders who have been protecting us ever since.


These photos were taken in November 2013.


Memorial Pool 1

One World Trade Center One aka "Freedom Tower"



Memorial Pool + NYC Skyline
My sister-in-law, sister, and me.

Memorial Pool 2


I was in my second week of my senior year of high school. I remember it was a Tuesday because my dance classes ended up being canceled.  I lived 80 miles from New York City. I first visited the WTC site in December 2002. You could still smell the burn and see the devistation. Since then I've been back numerous times and have gotten to see artifacts recovered from the ruins. What's your story?

4 comments

  1. These pictures are amazing. I remember being in the computer lab at school when the teacher turned on the TV, but honestly I don't remember much. I was 9 at the time. I can't imagine being so close to NYC when it happened. I'd love to visit the memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting the memorial is on my bucket list, for sure.

    I was a college freshman and saw the second plane hit. It was such a blur. I am so thankful for IM as I found out all those I love were okay. There was a girl in one of my classes who's brother was in the 2nd tower, and she didn't hear from him for a day, but he survived. I remember her coming to class in her pjs and just saying "I can't sit in my dorm, so I'm here".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading everyone's story. It's crazy to think it was 13 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh there was a pre 9/11 world and then there is now. sigh doesnt seem that long ago :(

    ReplyDelete