Homemade Bacon Mac & Cheese


Yesterday I recapped the first part of my trip to Nashville. I figured I'd stay with the southern theme by sharing a recipe for some good 'ol comfort food. I made this Mac & Cheese for Nick on his birthday this year and he loved it. I hope you enjoy it too!


Ingredients:

1 16 oz. Package of elbow macaroni

½ cup of evaporated milk

2 eggs

1 8 ox. Container sour cream

2 teaspoon of seasoning salt

½ teaspoon black pepper

1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese

½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon of butter

6 slices of bacon

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook bacon (stove to or microwave). Allow bacon to cool.
  3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
  4. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
  5. In a bowl mix eggs, sour cream, seasoning salt. And pepper.
  6. Chop bacon.
  7. Layer macaroni, bacon, and milk mixture until pan is full.
  8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and pour melted butter on top.
  9. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until milk mixture is done.

Today is my first time participating in the Delicious Dish Tuesday link up. Stop by Mary's page and check it out!

7 comments

  1. This looks so yummy but goes against all the restrictions I have in my diet right now! Pinning for future use though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks delicious!! My husband loves Mac and cheese so I am sure he would love this!
    Hopping over from the link up!
    perfectlyscrubbed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish! My hubbie and I love mac and cheese and we make quite a few variations. I will be adding yours to our dinner menu soon. :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds sooo good! Bacon + mac and cheese are two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks so delicious! I love love love mac & cheese (though bacon isn't really my thing)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time I made homemade mac&cheese my husband didn't like it. This one is different, and it has bacon; I think this might be the one he'll love! :)
    Thank you for so much for linking up with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! We hope to see you back week after week with more great recipes!

    ReplyDelete