Literary Junkies Link Up

I know everyone loves a good swap! Who doesn't love meeting new people and getting free stuff? The Go Green Accessories Swap is even better because it supports mental health awareness. Check out the details here and then sign up.



Today, more people die from suicide in the United States than from traffic accidents or homicides, and we lose 25 soldiers to suicide for every solider lost in combat. Unfortunately, because of the stigma associated with mental illness, many people are too ashamed or embarrassed to seek the help they need for themselves or their loved ones. National Mental Health Awareness Month is a time for us work together to break through that stigma. AWARENESS IS THE FIRST STEP TO A HEALTHIER NATION!



Now on the the Literary Junkies Link Up (my favorite!).




Here are this month's questions:

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I'm finishing up the Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service by Beth Kendrick. I was looking for an easy read. This one has turned out to be too easy and super corny. I wouldn't recommend it.
2. Divergent, Hunger Games, or Twilight. Which do you prefer and why? (If you've never read them which do you think you'd prefer?)
It's between Divergent and Hunger Games, although I've read all three series. However, I do like the love story in Twilight...
3. TV Series Based on Books they start out very close to the book to draw in the fans but then will start to separate themselves by changing things and adding characters. What are you thoughts on this?
I think they have to do this. I don't think there is enough conent in books to actually make a long running series.
4. You've just been recruited to help a movie studio bring your favorite book to the big screen. What's the movie and who are you choosing to play the main characters?
I'd pick 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It's very relevant in our culture today.
Josie Cormier played by Victoria Justice

Alex Cormier played by Anna Gunn

Peter Houghton played by Michael Sera

Lewis Houghton played by Daniel Craig

 Lacy Houghton played by Diane Lane

Patrick Dutcharme played by Sean Bean
Jordan McAfee played by Hugh Laurie


and
Matt Royston played by Robbie Amell


5. Going back to the above question, do you keep it word for word the same or do you use this chance to change little things you thought would make the book better?
I would have the author write the screen play so that some of her original ideas that may not have fit in print form could be shared in movie form.
6. After you finish a physical copy of a book do you keep it for a reread, put it on a shelf to collect dust, donate it to Goodwill, or do you just not purchase physical copies of books?
I put it on a shelf in my home library (arranged alphabetically by author's last name, of course).

HAPPY READING FELLOW JUNKIES!

11 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! I too save all books and put them on my bookshelf. They're definitely not organized though. I craftily organize so it looks like a Pinterest image lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think authors should always write the screenplay for the movie if they can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fine line between an easy read and a read that is TOO easy!

    Love the idea of the green swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 19 Minutes!! great choice :)

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/literary-junkies-16/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a cast you assembled.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, 19 minutes could be made into a really interesting movie! 'My Sister's Keeper' the movie was adapted from another of Piccoult's books and that was very well done (even thought they dramatically changed the ending!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your production company has a lot of money in the budget for that all-star cast! And thank you so much for supporting mental health awareness and including it in this post that might possibly get more traffic than one labeled "mental health awareness."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for home libraries! I love your book to movie pic and "casting", you were sooo spot on! Now I want to read some Picoult. Have you read any Kristin Hannah?

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of the actors you chose for Victoria and Robbie, but they look perfect for the roles! I love Jodi Picoult. And now off to check out this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUCH an important cause! Thank you for promoting this! Also, your cast of actors is amazinggg. Anything with Michael Cera has my stamp of approval :) Hope you're having a great week!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete