Book Bash Haul

Happy Hump Day, fellow bookworms! This past weekend I went to the annual KDL Book Bash. The Disctrict Library holds a book sale each year to raise money for it's summer reading programs. That's a cause I can get behind. I did reading programs at my library as a child and my 2 year old niece has carried on the tradition!

This was my first time attending the Book Bash and it was way more popular than I thought! Parking was NUTS and there were so many people inside the warehouse. It was heaven, though - this huge warehouse filled with boxes and boxes, and tables and tables of books! I wish I would have gotten a picture! On Friday I picked up 7 books and I decided to go back on Sunday because it was fill a bag for $5. I hit the jackpot on Sunday. It was a little calmer, but there was still plenty of inventory. I found some books that are on my to read list, some books  by authors I like, and even more that caught my eye and sounded good!



Here's what was in my haul for only $14 (!!!):

29 Books:

Gossip of the Starlings by Nina de Gramont

Anne Frank Remember by Miep Gies

Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell

The Doctor's Wife by Elizabeth Brundage

A Paper Life by Tatum O'Neal

A Passionate Man by Joanna Trollpe

The Hotel Riviera by Elizabeth Adler

Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer

The History of Dance by Mary Clarke and Clement Crisp

Mothers and Other Liars by Amy Bourret

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

The Finishing Touches by Hester Browne

The Wedding Officer by Anthony Capella

A Royal Duty by Paul Burrell

Princess Charming by Jane Heller

This Side of Married by Rachel Pastan

The Lucky Ones by Rachel Cusk

Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan

The Keep by Jennifer Egan

In The River Sweet by Patricia Henley

All These Girls by Ellen Slezak

Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble

Fat Chance by Deborah Blumenthal

Confessions of a Beauty Addict by Nadine Haobsh

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

Knitting by Anne Bartlett

Escape by Barbara Delinsky

Drifting by Stephanie Gerler

What Remains by Carole Radziwill



3 Audio Books:

Mommywood by Tori Spelling

Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards

Sarah by Kaylene Johnson The Town


1 DVD:
The Town

Can't wait for next year's Bash!

8 comments

  1. Only $14?!?! I am clearly living in the wrong place! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $14??!! Such a steal!! I need in on this deal! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what an awesome haul! I love being able to buy books and support a great cause all at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove book hauls! Happy reading!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete