April Subscription Boxes

Getting this done over the weekend to post on Monday was an epic fail, so Take 2 on Tuesday...

Again, super excited to get my Ipsy bag and Birchbox in the mail this month, but before we get to the product glutny let's talk about something that really matters...



  1. About 57.7 million Americans suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.
  2. Today, more people die from suicide in the United States than from traffic accidents or homicides.
  3. We lose 25 soldiers to suicide for every solider lost in combat.
  4. Because of the stigma associated with mental illness, many people are too ashamed or embarrassed to seek the help they need for themselves or their loved ones.
Support Mental Health Awareness Month (May) by joining the Go Green Swap and plastering social media! Sign up to swap green accessories and wear them proudly throughout the month of May. Hop over here to sign up - it takes less than 2 minutes!
#gogreenswap #mentalhealthawareness #nomorestigma #mentalhealthmonth



In April's "Rainy Days" Birchbox I received Beauty Protector's Protect & Detangle,  Color Club's Gala Gem Collections mini nail polish in Aquamarine Azulino, Color Contrast Eyeliner in Jamun (deep purple) by Sumita, and Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream.


Box Pros: I would use all of these products. I always, always, always use a leave in conditioner/detangler after I wash my hair so the Protect & Detangle will come in handy. I'm so excited that the eyeliner was purple! Purple is my favorite color and I often wear Clinique's Quick Liner Intense is Aubergine.  The nail polish I received was a pearlized sky blue color. It worked for me because I was nail colors that pop!

Box Cons: None. Another amazing Birchbox!



April's Ipsy Glam bag theme was "Beauty Rocks!" In my Beauty Rocks bag I found an Ubran Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil (travel size) in black velvet, a Costal Scents medium shadow brush, Elizabeth Mott Pop Goes the Shadow in Champagne, Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion, and Luscious Long Wear Lip Pencil in nude from Starlooks.

Bag Pros: They actually sent me colors I will wear! Finally, finally! I am blown away by the fact they they had Urban Decay products this month. I'm so hooked on the eye liner that I may have to purchase the full size... in multiple colors. It glides on so easy and gives this intense color. Love it! I use exfoliatant products once a week, so Dr. Brandt's microdermabrasion is great, and the champagne colored eye shadow is perfect for me!

Bag Cons: I don't really use lip liner, but I've been more adventurous with my makeup lately so I will hang out to it. The makeup bag itself had a terrible vinyl/plasticy smell.

Ipsy vs. Birchbox: I'll go with Ipsy because they have sucked so bad in the past and this time they actually sent me stuff I will use! I'm in love with eyeliner and eyeshadow that Ipsy sent me. Congrats, Ipsy - your first win!

Use my referral codes!
OUTTAKES:



4 comments

  1. Daisy (my beagle) would definitely be as curious as your pup! Especially if I was trying to take a picture of something on the floor. If it's on the table the cat has to come investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout has to check everything out... to see if it's edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers! I have not tried the subscription boxes are they really worth the money?
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha your pups, sniffing the tulips is cute! He's a lot bigger than I thought he was originally :) I don't know why, but I thought that he was a tiny little thing.

    I'm going to have to agree- Ipsy was finally really good this month! You'll have to let me know what you think of the supergood from Birch though- I've heard it's amazing!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete