Go Green for Mental Health Awareness Accessories Swap

Since 1949, May has been observed as National Mental Health Awareness Month, a time when advocates and activists across the country draw attention to the mental health issues that affect as many as one in four Americans. Today, more people die from suicide in the United States than from traffic accidents or homicides, and we lose 25 soldiers to suicide for every solider lost in combat.




Unfortunately, because of the stigma associated with mental illness, many people are too ashamed or embarrassed to seek the help they need for themselves or their loved ones. National Mental Health Awareness Month is a time for us work together to break through that stigma. Now is the time to express compassion for those who struggle with mental health issues and draw attention to the proven methods that can help change their lives for the better.

Support Mental Health Awareness Month by joining the Go Green Swap and plastering social media! Sign up to swap green accessories and wear them proudly throughout the month of May.




  • Sign ups start today and go through next Wednesday, April 23.
  • Leave a comment on this post with your name, e-mail address, and blog address (if you have one) or e-mail your information to BloggerAsh703@gmail.com to sign up.
  • Swap partners will be assigned on Thursday, April 23. Make sure to contact your partner ASAP!
  • Shop for your partner. Spend $10-$15 on a GREEN COLORED accessory or accessories for your partner. Think jewelry, socks, scarves, etc.
  • Mail your package by Saturday, May 3. This gives you an entire week to shop!
  • Come back here to link up and show off your goods on Friday, May 9.
  • Start to spread the word now! Invite other friends/bloggers to join the swap and get on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. to promote mental health awareness. #gogreenswap #mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthmonth Keep it up throughout the month of May!

I hope you'll consider joining the swap so we can put mental health in the LIME-light
Thanks to Aubrey from Dreaming About Someday for the awesome idea! I participated in her blue nail polish swap for autism awareness.


Resources:
mentalhealthamerica.net
nami.org
thesoliderproject.org






11 comments

  1. Visiting from the linkup -- thanks for sharing this empowering post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Sign me up! I'll email my information. Very worthwhile cause!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great cause! I had no idea that suicide kills more people than traffic accidents.. and the solider stat makes me so sad :(

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great project. You can definitely sign me up!
    lifewithasideofcoffee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I'm definitely in. :-)
    blinder.sara@gmail.com

    http://nsduchess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! Definitely count me in!

    meulmer@presby.edu

    meulmer.byethost5.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sign me up!

    slhallstead@gmail.com

    lifeandleopard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will participate. My email is thewhimsy1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I would love to join but I leave Sunday for my honeymoon for two weeks!! I am definitely sharing this though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I love this idea! I hope the person I get likes statement necklaces, because that's probably what I'll get her. :)

    blog: megancstroup.blogspot.com
    email: semicharmedkol[at]gmail[dot]com

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete