The Slackers Guide to a Rockin' Bod


Exercise lover I am not. Exercise loather I am. Here are 10 tips for staying healthy for lazy girls like me!

1. Sleep In

There's no better way to indulge in your lazy tendencies than to get more sleep. A study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology suggest that sleeping fewer than five hours a night could send the scale soaring 30% higher than if you got seven or more.



2. Order Your Drink Unsweetened

Opting for a plain latte over the flavored with save you 40 calories per 16 ounce serving. Forgoing the half and half in your coffee with save you p to 20 calories and 2 grams of fat per one tablespoon serving.



3. Eat Sitting Down

Mindless eating is the enemy of weight loss. Studies out of Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab show we unconsciously eat more out of bigger containers and in social situations. Cut down on mindless eating by sitting down to eat at a table. Don't eat at your desk while doing work or in the front of the TV. To reduce temptation in social situations, sit further away from the food.


4. Relax

Research published in Psychoneuroendocrinology (yup, that's a real publication) says a low-stress lifestyle may keep belly fat away. Researchers have found that people with a high level of stress who eat unhealthy foods are at a larger risk for a larger waistline, more belly fat, high oxidation damage, and more insulin resistance versus those with low stress who ate the same foods.



5. Make Water Your Go-To Drink

Research shows water can be an effective weight-loss aid. Water helps maintain the balance of body fluids, can help control calories, energizes muscles, helps your kidneys, helps maintain normal bowel function, and leaves your skin looking amazing!



6. Grab a Breakfast High in Protein

Try Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Both are easy, no cook breakfasts that give your body a big dose of calcium and nearly 20 grams of protein! In a recent stud, women who confused about 30 grams of protein for breakfast reported feeling fuller longer and consumed fewer calories at lunch.



7. Opt For Raw

When you're hungry, grab raw veggies or a piece of fruit. It's easy and there's no cooking required! Keep healthy food nearby so you don't opt for an unhealthy snack.



8. Don't Drown Your Food

Bypassing dips and dressing can help shave off calories. Most creamy dips rack up the calorie counts to over 100 calories and 10 to 15 gram of fat for only four tablespoons.



9. Choose Alcohol or Dessert - Not Both

If you start dinner with a glass or two of wine and end it with dessert, you're book ending your meal with an extra 500 to 1000 calories. If you want to splurge on dessert, then keep you liquid calories at zero during the meal.



10. Add an ALL NATURAL Supplement to Your Healthy Diet

Join Young living for the Slique Experience!




The Slique program uses therapeutic-grade essential oils which operate at the cellular level to bring improved functioning to your entire body. It is entirely natural - no artificial sweetners like aspartame or sucralose that can be found in other "natural" programs. The Slique Program is the only weight loss program based on the power of aromatic, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Also, there's a vegetarian option available! It can be used with any eating plan you choose! Click here to see the entire line of Slique products, including bars, slim caps, and gum!

I've never gotten into weight loss programs/supplements before Young Living because I always thought they were gimmicky. However, I love using Slique Essence in my water and drinking the tea! If I'm out of slim caps, I substitute them with a homemade version - Slique Essence in a vegetable capsule with almond oil (make sure you follow the dilution directions). Because it's all natural, I feel like I am doing something to help and enhance my body.

11. So, I'm sure I would get slaughtered if I didn't emphasize the importance of exercise. I hate exercise, but I also realize the importance of it. If you are like me and are absolutely anti-exercise try masking it. Walk the dog, play tennis, hit the driving range, or take a dance or barre class. If you're more sporty join a summer basketball or softball league!

How are you staying in shape this summer?

Here's where I am linking up today:

6 comments

  1. My goal - starting today (since last week was full of work and jury duty - such an awesome first week of vacation - Not!) - is to go to the gym four days a week and use MyFitnessPal to log what I am eating. I lost 50 pounds a few years ago and I have gained quite a bit of it back. I want this summer to be the summer of losing it again (not all, but I want to make a dent).

    I love these tips. Thank you for them!!
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great challenge for summer! Good luck! I'm rooting for you.

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to drink more water. All great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips!

    I only drink water and coffee (black) and it has made a huge difference in my weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips especially about the alcohol and dessert.

    Thanks for linkin' up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips!! I drink my coffee black so I know that helps ... a little haha

    ReplyDelete