Travel Tuesday: Bahamas Bound

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is the last post from me for probably over a week! I just have to finish work today, make it through a half day of work tomorrow and then my journey to the Bahamas begins!


This whole journey started nearly a year ago when my friend Laura (and college roomie senior year) texted me telling me she won a cruise and asking if I wanted to go. What, huh? I didn't even consult with the husband. I immediatley texted back a YES!!!

Since it's a free cruise, Laura and I both have to fly in and out of the same airport. I live in Western Michigan and she lives in Western Pennsylvania. Thus starts my travel itinerary...

Wednesday 11/12 - Work half day, run last minute errands, drive 5 1/2 hours to PA
Thursday 11/13 - Fly with Laura to Ft. Lauderdale and make our way to Miami
Fridy 11/14 - Board our cruise ship and set sale from Miami
Saturday 11/15 - Dock in Nassau, Bahamas - full day in the Bahamas!
Sunday 11/16 - Day at Sea!
Monday 11/17 - Disembark at Port of Miami; fly back to Pennsylvania from Ft. Lauderdale
Tuesday 11/18 - Drive from Pennsylvania back to Michigan

Last week I started working on some plans for us - such as how to get to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale, but more importantly what we're going to do on our day in the Bahamas!


I think we've settled on getting a day pass to a resort on Cable Beach and using their spa facilities. The resort we chose offers a private beach, 3 pools, and 2 hot tubs. I'm just really foward to spending the day on the beach and in the water. After some fun in the sun, I'll be treating myself to a massage at the spa inside the hotel. I cannot wait!




I've never been on a cruise so I am looking forward to being on the boat and  seeing what it's all about! I'm excited about the piano bar and checking out the other entertainment.




Forecast for Michigan this weekend:

Forecast for Nassau this weekend:




See you in a week, Michigan!

12 comments

  1. You're going to have so much fun!!! The best thing about cruises is that everything is included. I went on one when I was 12 and was in love with the free soft-serve ice cream machine. UNLIMITED ICE CREAM, need I say more? ;) But I was also impressed by all the fun activities they had like karaoke, bingo, bars, nightclubs (although of course I couldn't go to the latter ones, hah). For your day in the Bahamas I very much recommend just swimming in the ocean. It's such a rare opportunity for most of us to swim in warm ocean water.... with the waves, it is such a fun and soul soothing experience.
    And I have to say I love the answer you texted her back with. In matters like these, consult NO ONE ;) Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! You both are you going to have a wonderful time!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a fantastic, relaxing time! Can't wait to hear about it! Safe travels, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels! I'm definitely pretty jealous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful vacation!! Safe Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. How fun!! I'm totally jealous since it'll be freezing here. Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have the best time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! It sounds like you're going to have a blast. And hello, gorgeous beaches and sunshine! I wish I could do that! I'm amazed that your friend won a free cruise in the first place. I've never even won a game of Bingo, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. have a great time! i went to the bahamas over the summer for my brother's wedding and it was beautiful! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO lucky!! I've never been on a cruise and I want to go on one SO badly!! Hope you have the best time ever… the midwest is getting pretty cold so don't hurry back!! ;)

    -Ashley
    http://beautybrain.org

    ReplyDelete