Monday, Monday


Every other day of the week is fine,

But whenever Monday comes,

 you can find me cryin' all of the time

 (Disclaimer: So, this song was written in the 60s and I realize there is a chance it's about drugs. That's not the intention here.)

Monday again? I'm sure we all happily awoke to our alarm clocks and were eager to get to work this morning. Not. And if that describes you, please tell me how you do it!

Since no one wants the weekend to be over, let's revel in it a little longer...

Friday was my little Scout's 5th birthday! He's getting to be such a big boy!


Last week Nick and I went and saw our city's minor league hockey team in the Calder Cup playoffs. They won the cup last year, so it's kind of a huge deal to hockey fans that they make it there again this year. I mainly like to go to yell out random things like, "C'mon! You're throwing this opportunity down the toilet!" or something of the like and hope it applies the play.



 
On Saturday Nick and I went to a pancake breakfast to benefit Blue Bird Cancer Retreats of West Michigan at a privately owned airport near our home. Not only was the breakfast awesome, but there were bouncy houses, fire trucks, a sheriff's boat, frozen yogurt and kettle corn stands, a silent auction, and airplane rides! All for charity!







Did you know that for the first time EVER in the history of this blog I did 5 posts in one week? It's true... check out last week's posts: Monday Madness, Women's Health Week, Easy Strawberry Compote, Tune In: The Bachelorette, and HappyBirthday, Scout!

I also did this awesome favorite color swap hosted by CG Swaps! I was paired with Kaylee from A Chair in the Shade. It was really fun getting to know and shopping for a fellow Midwesterner. I sent Kaylee items in her favorite color - yellow - and she sent me items in my favorite color - purple. Show off time!


Congratulations to my cousin Steph! She graduted from Virginia Tech this weekend!


Here's where I am laying it down:



5 comments

  1. What a fun weekend! I'm not a fan of Mondays, so I'm of no help there.. :-)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am horrible at Monday mornings. It just seems to take so long to wake my brain up. Our local hockey team is also in the running for the Calder Cup. They played at home last week but are away now. We are still cheering though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually Mondays are the worst for me but today isn't even that bad because of my relaxing weekend. So cool that you haven't blogged 5 days a week before last week. I think Ill slip in and out with how many days I post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is surprsingly a good Monday. Sounds like you had a really fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 5 posts in a week girlfriend! Isn't blogging addicting and fun?! Ha. I would have been terrified to go in that plane, but I am glad you had fun and you looked adorable while doing it. You survived Monday - bring on Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete