Literary Link up

Hey people! The Bachelorette premiered last night! I'll be Blogging the Bachelorette and sharing my thoughts and feelings on Wednesdays this season instead of Tuesdays. I hope you'll come back and join me for some Bachelorette dish tomorrow. In the mean time check out this article posted on TheFrisky.com. It organizes Andi's men based on hairstyle and there is some hilarious commentary... oh yeah, and read my blog post below...




1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!

The memory starts here, in my apron pocket, with the gun.”

So begins
The Doctor’s Wife, a stunning debut novel about four people and the cataclysmic intersection of their lives.  Michael is a rising OB/GYN at a prominent private practice in Albany, New York; he also moonlights at a local women’s health clinic.  But Annie, his wife, has become tired of her workaholic husband’s absences, and the soccer-mom lifestyle has worn thin. She begins a passionate love affair with bad-boy, fading celebrity painter Simon Haas—an affair that quickly goes awry when Simon’s wife Lydia, who is also the model upon whom he built his career, discovers the truth.  

2. Do you judge a book by its cover? What cover elements make you not want to pick up a book?

Yes, I am a total judge! The synopsis has to be good. If it doesn't spark my interest the book goes back on the shelf!

3. Do you participate in any other bookish link-ups? Tell us about them so we can join next time!

Nope!

4. Have you ever watched a movie that was better than its book version? Explain yourself!

Maybe The Lovely Bones. The movie was more to the point than the book. I didn't enjoy either all that much.

5. Summer is here! Do you read more often during any particular season?

I read a lot this winter. There was really nothing else for me to do with the crappy weather!

6. What is the worst book you've read this year? Why?

Worst? Yikes! Probably Insurgent (#2 in the Divergent series). I was really burnt out on distopian fiction at the time and all Tris and Tobias do in that book is bitch at each other. No thanks!

7 comments

  1. I still haven't read or seen Lovely Bones, but it is sitting on my shelf. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm disappointed you didn't like the Lovely Bones, it's one of my all-time favourites. I still remember bawling on the bus the first time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I was disappointed in Insurgent as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get into Divergent...tried three times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I judge books by their covers all the time. When I don't like book covers and read the book anyway, I usually prove myself right. I never read The Lovely Bones, but I really liked the movie. I didn't like Insurgent much either. It was definitely not nearly as good as Divergent. Allegiant wasn't amazing either, but it was definitely better than Insurgent.

    I found your blog through the Literary Junkies link-up, and I wanted to reach out to you because I love connecting with fellow book lovers! I've created a unique opportunity for people who love books as me called the Summer Book Swap. It's a fun way to connect with bookworms and discover new books. To join in on the fun, visit my post! -- http://www.endlessblissblog.com/2014/05/summerbookswap.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the Lovely Bones but haven't seen the film, I must find it

    ReplyDelete