Monday Madness Link Up: A Totally 80s Wedding


This weekend Nick and I attended his friend's 80s themed wedding. Before I get into it, don't forget to link up at the bottom of the post - no rules - you don't have to follow me, link your post to me, or have written a weekend recap. Whatever you wrote about today, link it up here and make new friends!


On Saturday, Nick and I headed to his hometown in Mid Michigan to attend the wedding of his childhood friend, Gregg. Nick and Gregg have been friends since middle school and we got to meet the bride, Courtney a few years ago. She's super lovely and so full of life. You can tell they have a lot of fun together!


I wasn't sure what to expect from an 80s themed wedding, but it actually turned out to be pretty traditional. There was a ceremony, reception, cake cutting, dinner, dollar dance, and after dinner dancing. It was just a little more laid back and frankly - exciting! It was nice to see a couple buck tradition somewhat and do something that really fit their personalities.


I love the bridal party attire - especially the guys! They wore white suits with T-shirts underneath a la Miami Vice. Everyone looked great! The guests outfits varied. Most of the older guests didn't go with the theme, some celebrated with 80s colors, and a lot went hard with Michael Jackson costumes and 80s hair bands get ups! There was even a guy who came dresses a Tom Cruise circa Risky Business. See here. Freakin' amazing.



Nick didn't dress 80s at all and I went with my favorite coral/organey dress with silver and teal accents. My silver hoop earrings were my favorite part of my outfit!




The reception was a blast! Besides the most amazing 80s mix of music ever, the food was really, really good. It was the best wedding food I've had in a really, really long time!




Nick (top left) with his childhood friends - Gregg (the groom - in white), Lauren (groomsman - in pink), and Brett (in the tie).

Our table full of old friends!

The best dress couple there - Missy and Ben with Gregg the Groom!
The party was still going strong when we left at 10:45. It was a great wedding and was so glad Nick and I were included.
Congrats Courtney and Gregg!


Have a great week everyone!


13 comments

  1. What a fun wedding! I would never think to do that but it looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 80s themed wedding?! How FUN! Looks like a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! That wedding looks like a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute in your dress! I love weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh the groomsmen and their shirts - that bride and groom really have a great sense of humor!! I loved that you went neon!! Looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the groomsmen and their shirts! So great! You look so cute in that dress too! What a fun wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great and you + Nick are the cutest! Dying over the groomsmen outfits, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun!! I've never seen a themed wedding like that and it looks like a blast.

    Thanks.for linking up for MMG :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the coolest themed wedding I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before you even said Miami Vice it's what I immediately thought! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting! They definitely know how to have a good time it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG an 80's themed wedding!!! i'm DYING this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete