Friday 10.17.14


//1// It's almost voting time here in Michigan! I am a huge,  huge, HUGE advocate of women voting. We need to have our voice in legislation and to do that we need to vote. Women have had the right to vote for less than 100 years in our country. That's a pretty short amount of time considering the US was formed in 1776.


One thing I'm an even bigger advocate of - for all genders - is casting an educated vote. Do the research!  Don't vote for someone your favorite celebrity is endorsing, by political party, or the way your spouse or friends are going to vote. Take time to check out all the candidates and see who makes the biggest impression on you and who's beliefs match the closest to yours. I picked up the above Nonpartisan Voter Guide at my local library. It's helped me review all the candidates so that when it's time to go to the polls, I feel I can make an informed decision.


//2// I've been thinking about my grandparents a lot lately. They both had birthdays in October and it was the wedding anniversary month. My Papa passed away in July 2011 and my Grandmommie passed away in March 2013. I could go on and on, but I'll keep it simple. They were really cool people that really helped shape me and I learned so, so much from them. I love that there are little things I do everyday that makes me think of them.

//3// I'm so excited that I finished Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephew - H, E, G, and soon-to-be E! I'm the aunt that gives practical gifts. I usually go with books or personalized Christmas ornaments. I found a way to be practical yet really fun this year. I don't want to give it away because I want their parents to be surprised too! Nick and I pretty much only do presents for the kids so I'd say my Christmas shopping is DONE!



//4// This for all my Southern blogging friends because there's a little big part of me that wishes I was a Southern Belle.



//5// Summing up the week:


Have a great weekend!



10 comments

  1. Wow, I am super impressed that you're done with Christmas shopping already! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5!!! That was my week too. This Friday could not come fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done shopping! OMG! You are too good! I still have so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5 totally truth!! HA!! So jealous you are done shopping for the nieces and nephews! I am a bit of a procrastinator!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shopping for little ones! My sisters girls are older now and all they want is money haha!
    Thanks for linking up with me!
    Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for already Christmas shopping!! I always say I'm going to start early and then.... haha it never happens! Thinking of you and your family, I know your grandparents would be so proud of you! Hope you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous you're done with Christmas shopping! With the baby on the way, my husband and I are failing at Christmas shopping, and we're going to be so late...I just know it O.o

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed you finished part of your Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete