Monday Madness Link Up 10.27.14

Here is a bunch of random stuff. Link up your random stuff at the bottom of this post.


Can someone tell me if I am being ripped off? I took a dress to a local seamstress to have the hem take up about 2 inches. It's a faux denim dress with two layers. My jaw almost hit the floor when she told me it would be around $25. Thoughts?



How is the last week on October already?! Although I am not excited we are getting closer to winter, I am totally ready for November! I have a total of 6 1/2 vacation days from work in November. Mid month I am headed on a Bahamas cruise with one of my BFFs, Laura. Girls trip! At the end of the month Nick and I will be making a quick trip to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Can't wait!

Yes, please!

Angle Thanksgiving 2013

Man Crush Monday: 

Andy Murray




Andy won the title in Valencia this past weekend, giving him 31 career title wins!

Nick and I saw Gone Girl last week! I was really excited that Gillian Flynn, the author, also wrote the screen play. That's really the only way to go when turning a book into a movie. I find that movies based on books when the authors sell the rights never turn out as great as I hope. I felt Rosmund Pike came off older on screen than how I pictured Amy throughout the book. However, I do think she's in the running for an Oscar nod. Her acting was amazing. Also, no one has mentioned this so I'm going to -  how about that Ben Afflect full frontal? I found it really weird and unneccessary. Would love to hear your thoughts on this movie!



Have a great week and don't forget to link up!







8 comments

  1. I didn't catch the Ben Affleck flash- although I did catch the Neil Patrick Harris bloody one. Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting that you are cruising in November! Hope you have so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yay for you taking a cruise next month! And I have yet to see Gone Girl, can't decide if I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I think the tailoring price you got was actually pretty good. I had to have my rehearsal dinner dress taken in and the first place I took it quoted me $65 because it was two layers.. um no! I paid $100 for the dress itself! I looked at reviews online and found another place to take it, but it was still $40.

    Yay vacation- that sounds wonderful! Which islands will you be going to?

    Ashley! I just got back from my honeymoon and read two books that reminded me a lot of Gone Girl (not too much). I'm at my desk and don't remember the titles at the moment (sad) but I will let you know what they were later. If you liked Gone Girl I think that you would like these a lot too.

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the dress second hand for like $8. I about died.

      Delete
  5. A Bahamas cruise sounds amazing!

    I want to see Gone Girl, everyone says it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loooooved Gone Girl! I didn't read the book, so I had no clue what was going to happen and was just in suspense the entire time. I really loved it and thought they both played their parts extremely well. And the Bahamas- so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for seeing Gone Girl finally! The thing about Rosmund Pike that totally threw me off was how deep her voice was... not at all how I pictured Amy in my head. And yeah, all the nudity was totally not necessary in my opinion but that's Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete