Monday Madness Link Up 10.13.14


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you will link up at the bottom of the post - no rules - you don't have to follow me, link your post to me, or have written a weekend recap. Whatever you wrote about today, link it up here and make new friends!

Nick and I had dinner with another couple on Saturday night. I was responsible for dessert so I made cinnamon roll cake from scratch. I think it turned out really well. Nick kept ravings about it. Thanks, sweetie!


Come back tomorrow for the recipe!

The church Nick and I attend is celebrating 25 years. Yesterday they had a comedian in named Jonnie W. He was pretty good. Here's a sampling...


I went back to blonde with weekend!


What do you think? I'm using purple shampoo to help with the orange and brassiness. Any other suggestions on how to counter act this?

I had wanted to try the clothing website eShakti out for awhile so I was super excited when I was approached by the company to receive a free dress in exchange for a review. For those of you not familiar with eShakti, they are an international fashion design company that makes custom clothing. The offer both style and fit customization for women size 0 through 36. Basically you pick a style that you like and customize by giving them your measurements, choosing the length, and adding or subtracting sleeves. I was super excited when the dress I picked arrived!


I was super excited about this chambray dress I picked out because of how many ways I'd be able to style it. It looks great on hanger, but I was super disappointed when I put it on. First thing I noticed is that material was really thin - like you could straight up see my bra and panties through it thin - basically making it unwearable. The next thing I disliked was the length. I was under the impression that it would hit right above the knee. I even gave them my height! The hem ended up about an inch below my knee and just looked really awkward. I also found that the button whole in the back was really impossible to use. I think the loop was made too small. You have to undo the button to get this dress on and frankly it's really not worth the hassle.


I loved the chambray, the sash, and the embroidery at the bottom, and the racer back style top, but only on the hanger. It was complete mess once I put it on. I was super sad because other girls reviews were really good and they were in love with the dress the received. Wish this would have turned out better because it's a lovely dress on the hanger.

In better fashion news I did pick the this really cute pair of leggings from my local Meijer.


Can't wait to rock these with a chambray shirt or sweater and moccasins! What do you think?
Have a great week everyone!


6 comments

  1. I can't wait for the cinnamon roll cake recipe tomorrow - my mouth is watering right now!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm.. I love cinnamon rolls and that cake looks AMAZING! And what a complete bummer about the dress. Aren't you glad that you didn't have to purchase it though. :)

    Stopping by from the Morning Gossip Link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM. That cinnamon roll cake looks delish! Bummer about that dress, but I like the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute leggings girl those will be so cute for this Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the dress, it looks like it would be wicked cute! Maybe you could improve it with some layering and making a larger loop for the button?

    ~Kara
    greenmtngirl.com

    ReplyDelete