Meet Kayla...

I'd like you all to meet Kayla today! She was brave enough to send in her selfie and tell us about her favorite products and style tips. I love to feature real women because I think we can learn a lot from each other and be encouraged by each other!

I met Kayla for the first time in 1998 (which she probably doesn't even remember) when I was 14 and she was 5 or 6. She was in one of the dance classes I was helping with. We got reacquainted a couple years ago when I went back to the studio to assistant teach and she was in my advanced ballet class. I'm excited to feature Kayla because she is such a motivated young adult, and I've had the pleasure to watch her grown into a great young lady!


Kayla
Age 20
Born and raised in the great state of Pennsylvania!
Full time student and certified personal trainer!
Studies psychology and communications.

Ambassador for Fit Approach. Fit Approach is an organization that encourages women to get active and kick butt in the fitness field! Yet, they acknowledge that women can still be feminine in doing so. The organization is best known for their pink shoelaces they sell. Their belief is that "kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes."

About this Selfie: “When I took this picture I had just bought this awesome new lipstick at Sephora. It's the Sephora Rouge Shine lipstick. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, but this color was perfect at making my lips pop a little bit, but it wasn't super obvious that I was wearing lipstick.”

FITNESS ROUTINE: Kayla works out 6 days a week. Her workouts always include some strength training followed by about 45 minutes to an hour of cardio, usually in the form of a spin class or running.


FAVORITE PRODUCTS: “My every day facial cleanser is by Philosophy. It's the purity one-step facial cleanser. I love it because it has a nice, light fragrance, it's very gentle, and it leaves my face feeling really clean and refreshed. Another everyday product for me is the Lancome 24 Hour Foundation. I love it because a little goes a long way, it doesn't look like you're wearing make-up, and it gives a nice even coverage. One of my must-have hair products is the Simply Smooth Xtend Keratin Reparative Magic Potion. I get a keratin treatment on my hair about twice a year, and this helps the keratin stay in my hair longer to seal up split ends!”
ABOUT HER STYLE: “My favorite style is clean-cut...kind of preppy. I'm a lover of basics paired with funky jewelry. I also love workout clothes because they're comfy and cute.”


PASSIONS: Fitness, healthy cooking, and blogging. “Fitness started out to me as something to keep off the "Freshman 15" but unexpectedly became a huge part of my life. Fitness provides me with the opportunity to challenge myself, push myself and see progress. It relieves stress and builds confidence. Cooking in itself is enjoyable to me, but since I'm so interested in health and fitness, I have a passion for finding healthier ways to still enjoy those foods I always loved. Blogging is my way to share both my healthy cooking ideas and fitness routines.”


SHORT TERM GOALS: Getting a job using her personal trainer certification and graduating from college in two years.


LONG TERM GOALS: Starting a career, buying a new car, and getting her own place.


My mom keeps me motivated to succeed in life. She has always worked very hard towards what she wants and to be able to give me what I want. She's smart and always tries so hard to "do it all" from work to home life. While that's physically impossible and she knows that, she comes incredibly close.”
Kayla and her mom in 2011.

Learn more about Kayla on her blog - Blondes Have More Run!



Would you like your selfie featured on A Cute Angle and have the chance to share your style and beauty tips? E-mail BloggerAsh703@gmail.com or head on over to Facebook!

Congratulations to Ashley from Mrs. Mama! She won the Fall Essentials Giveaway!

1 comment

  1. Loved this! Heading over to check out her blog now. Fabulous post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. :)

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete