Friday Favorites Link Up!


Friday Favorites
Link Up

Happy Friday! Today I am linking up with Jennie from A Diary of Real Housewife to share some of my favorite things! This Friday I will be sharing some of my favorite guilty pleasures. We all have them, right?!  Enjoy...
Favorite


Guilty Pleasure Store


 
It’s Ulta! This store has pretty much any beauty product you can think of and carry almost any brand you can think of! Not only do they have standard make up and skin care lines, but they have hair accessories, hair removal systems, all your needed tools, and more! They carry their own ULTA line, CoverGirl, Smashbox, Urban Decay, NARS, CHI, Bead Head, Ralph Lauren, Prada, and Coach fragrances, Oscar Blandi, Benefit - and that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Ulta stores also have an in house salon that provides hair coloring and cutting, waxing and nail services, and skin treatments! Needless to say I can get lost in this store and spend lots of money. If I need a pick-me-up I’ll stop by Ulta, browse, and treat myself to a little something.
 
Favorite
Guilty Pleasure
TV Show
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team (airs on CMT, reruns on Logo). Why do I love this show? It’s not only because of my dance and cheer background. I honestly love watching the audition process. I love watching the DCC machine widdle the field from hundreds of hopefuls to a squad of about 35. I think Kelli Finglass (the head of the DCC) is a kick ass lady – she’s honest and up front and I like that. She doesn’t mess around. Late for or miss a practice? You’re cut. Gaining a little too much weight or can’t shed the required amount? You’re cut. Provocative pictures of you on the internet? You’re cut. Can’t remember the routines? You’re cut. You don’t look good in the DCC uniform. CUT! I do admit, yes, I ogle some of those training camp candidates… I mean, dang, I wish I had the motivation to look like those girls. I get really excited as the season winds down and the girls get to do makeovers, uniform fittings, the team photo, and perform at their first game!
My favorite reality TV star has come out of the DCC organization – Melissa Rycroft. Remember her? After ending her time as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, she appeared and “won” Jason Mesnick’s season of The Bachelor only to be dumped on After the Final Rose for Jason’s runner up, Molly Malaney (Jason and Molly are now married and have a baby – in case you were wondering). Melissa went on to do two seasons of Dancing with the Stars and ended up winning the all-star season. She also had a short lived show on CMT with her husband and daughter called Melissa and Tye and has done some work for Good Morning America.




Favorite
Guilty Pleasure
Saturday Activity



 Whenever Nick is gone on a Saturday I grab my pillow, blanket, and snack, pick a spot on the couch, cuddle up with the dog, and turn on the Lifetime Movie Network. These movies can be kind of corny, yet the pull me in every time!!! They are really easy to veg out to. My college roommate and I would watch Lifetime movies every Saturday in the dorm while we ate our chicken sandwiches and French fries that we got from Gemmel (our student center). Oh, the memories!
What are some of your favorite guilty pleasures?
Share them here or on Facebook!

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, ULTA is so dangerous for me! Love their selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot go into ULTA without walking out with at least one thing that I don't need LOL. It's so addicting!

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete