Hump Day 2.22.17

Hey all! I've been totally off social media and blogging due to contracting the flu. It had me in bed for four days! I had to end up taking Friday and Monday off from work. As much as I love my job, the worst things about working in health care is that you are exposed to absolutely EVERYTHING out there. So when a parent brings their vomiting child in to the office instead of keeping them home because they're contagious... you're pretty much screwed.


On Saturday evening, after not having been able to keep anything down (including liquids) for about 40 hours, it was time to head in to urgent for some IV fluids. I was trying so hard to be positive, but I felt really, really awful. I spent Sunday and Monday recovering hard core and headed back to work on Tuesday. I missed on on so much stuff I had planned due to having the flu. I had to cancel the dance classes I teach on Saturdays and missed plans with my sister-in-law.

The weekend before was a lot of fun. Nick and I went to see Professional Bull Riding downtown, and we went to a program at Nick's church for Valentine's Day!












I'm looking forward to continued recovery this week. Nick and I our celebrating our wedding anniversary this weekend! Can't wait to see the Sound of Music live!

Hope you all have had a better weekend/week!

10 comments

  1. OH man!! Continue resting up!! Everything has been going around!! But can we just talk about the bull riding for a second?? So cool...but scary too no? I'd love to see one of those shows FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bummer you got sick - hopefully you are feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're recovering and feeling better! Being sick is no fun, but especially when you have to go to urgent care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you were so sick! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you are recovering. I am so glad you went to urgent care to get taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

    Hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you were so sick - but so glad that you're on the mend and hoping this weekend is a lot of fun for you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh I'm so sorry you were so sick, those bugs are the absolute worst. And it enrages me to no end when people leave the house with it because they're so contagious! Just stay home people! Sending lots of *hugs* and fun weekend vibes to make up for last weekend <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are feeling better!! I love your boots!! - Have a good weekend! - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you were sick! Something has been going around here too, I think it's partly due to the crazy weather that won't make up it's mind. Our family just got over a flu that of course EVERYONE ended up catching. Glad you're feeling better though! I followed you and would love if you'd follow me back. :)

    xo, Sarah
    http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete