Thanksgiving Recap + Monday Madness Link Up

Happy Monday, everyone! I've finally had time to put together some photos and a recap of my Thanksgiving!

For those of you new to the blog, I'm from Eastern Pennsylvania, but now live in Western Michigan with my husband. We usually try to spend one holiday with each family. This year we drove 10+ hours each way to be with my family in Pennsylvania. I couldn't wait!

We pushed off the Wednesday before Thanksgiving after dropping Scout off at his baby sitter's. This is the hardest part of traveling to Pennsylvania... leaving little Scout behind! I may have a mini meltdown every time.


Nick and I always stop at my alma matar duing our trip. So 6 hours in we stopped in Clarion, Pennsylvania and ate at the Pizza Pub! This has kind of become a tradition.


We arrived safely at my parents house on Wednesday evening and immedately went over to my brother's house on Thanksgiving morning. I couldn't wait to visit with my nieces!

3-year-old Emma. She showed me every toy she owns.

Ella and my dad! Her name is Ella Jaye for him (Jay).

Me and 3-week-old Ella!

After spending the morning at my brother's house, Nick and I headed back up to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner with my them, my sister, my grandma, and my step-brother and his family.

My niece Halie and Nick

Halie playing games with my sister Courtney

Graham and Halie helping Courtney with the rolls
This is one of my favorite pictures. My sister and I encouraged Halie to put her hands all over the canned cranberry. Then we just sat there and laughed. Naughty aunts.

Nick and the kids

Dessert time! Courtney, my sister-in-law Megan, and Grammy

Sweetest little boy ever. Nick and I did Christmas with the kids while we were in town.
Here are Graham and Halie in their Christmas presents!

I got to sleep in on Friday and my sister and I snuck out to a matinee. We saw Mocking Jay Part I. It was pretty dark, but pretty good! Nick and I got in some good quality time with my parents on Friday night.

I headed down to my brother's house on Saturday for more quality time with my nieces! On my way I stopped at my favorite local jewlery store to get my rings cleaned. They shine like new! I have been contemplating a 10 year anniversary band so I tried one on to see if liked the concept.


I love it! It's a platinum channel set eternity band with .25 carats of diamonds. I played around with the placement and found it looks best in between my wedding band and engagement ring. I want this one for my 10th and the exact same one to place on the outside for my 20th! Nick is really against it right now, but I have time to convince him. ;)

I also went to Pott's that day. It's this awesome family owned hot dog shop. I love going there because nothing changes. They have the same menu and serve the dogs the same way since I can remember!

Once down at my brother's I spent time with my sister-in-law Amber and Ella and Emma. The girls had their pictures done with Santa that morning and Emma was roaming around in what Amber and I affectionatley called her "Santa Suit."

Emma opening her Christmas present.

Emma giving her dog Willow  check up. Future vet right there!
   

On Saturday night we headed out to see my BFF, Sara Jane. I love this chick! We've known each other since we were 12.



Me and Sara with her 20 month old son Isaac.

Sunday, our last day in Pennsylvania, was pretty low key. We went to church with my parents and they treated us to lunch. We always do a "sisters dinner" when I'm home. It's time for my sister, my two sisters-in-law, and me to go out and bond. I love these!



We had such a great trip! Spending time with my family really rejuvinated me. We made it back safely to Michigan to pick up Scout last Monday.  



Don't forget to link up today. No rules. Link up any post you want and make new friends!

14 comments

  1. Sounds like a great trip! So nice that you had the chance to spend lots of quality family time - nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love all of the family pics, so sweet! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving trip! I am the same way when we go out of town and have to leave our dogs, especially my Yorkie. It's so hard to leave them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful trip! Shiny rings are the best, right?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun trip!! I've been wanting a 3rd band too. I have my hubby convinced just need to actually go through with it. I love the look of two bands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a wonderful time spent with family! Your nieces are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for allowing me to link up! That is a crazy long journey, but looks like you had a lot of fun with your family at Thanksgiving! Sim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time - that sweet baby!

    LOVE the look of the 10 year band!! do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you got some great family time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw great round-up. looks so lovely!
    and I love the way you stacked your rings. *hint hint* hehe
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of Scout in the laundry basket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a great weekend! I love the look of the multiple bands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo I love the idea of the anniversary band! So sparkly! When is ya'lls 10 years?!

    ReplyDelete