March Subscription Boxes

I love getting my Ipsy and Birchbox deliveries in the mail every month!

In this month's Ipsy Glam Bag I received bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready, Nicole by OPI Roughless, Be a Bombshell eye shadow quad, and Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer.



Bag pros: The brands were amazing! Sample sizes were great. Liked the lipstick color.

Bag cons: The eye shadow quad palette color were hideous.

In this month's Birchbox I got Rescue Balm by Air Repair, COOLA BB cream in tinted matte SPF 30, BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenate from Vasanti Cosmetics, Curl Keeper by Curly Hair Solutions, and Might Leaf tea pouches.


Box pros: Included products I would actually use. The rescue balm sample was gone in a matter of days (it's still chapped skin season here in Michigan!) and I loved the BrightenUp exfoliating wash. It has a bunch of natural ingredients and it's gentle enough to use it more than once a week. I was impressed with COOLA's BB cream. I find BB creams to be overly greasy and this one wasn't, most likely because it was all natural. There were numerous items in this box that I would purchase.

Box cons: I don't drink tea so I sent these pouches of tea leaves on to a friend who would appreciate them! I have naturally wavy hair that I usually blow dry and straighten, so I don't know that I really have a need for a curl keeper cream, but did hang on to it for a day when I can let me hair air dry to see how it works

Ipsy vs. Birchbox: Ipsy wins for monetary value and size of samples; however, I have to go Birchbox again this month. Again, I was more excited about the products I received in my Birchbox.
If you are interested in joining Ipsy or Birchbox, please use my referrals:
What are you favorite subscription services?

6 comments

  1. I'm kind of glad I can't get prescription boxes here in Germany, I would go crazy and order so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm going to have to agree on the eye shadow quad in Ipsy this month.. what the heck?! I LOVED the lip color though!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I used to LOVE when there would be chocolate in my boxes! Looks like some great products-- I'm pleasantly surprised with both companies!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOO incredibly jealous of the nail polish you got in your Ipsy glam bag! Its my favorite color in the world. Make sure to rock it for me!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try out ipsy for a while. Thanks for the review :)

    Jenn
    Jenafur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over all which subscription do you like more? I have Ipsy and so far have really loved it! My favorite in my box were the lipstick and primer, they worked really great with my skin tone and even though I don't normally wear lipstick I am always wearing the one we got!

    ReplyDelete