2019 Golden Globes Fashion

Stars of screens small and big got together on Sunday in Los Angeles for the Golden Globes. Red carpet season bring out the good, the bad, and the ugly of fashion. Let's celebrate those who did it right!

Molly Simms in Marchesa 


I picked this gown because I have never, ever, ever put a pattern on my bestdressed list. I really love the large flower print of this Marchesa gown. The low-v neckline and flowy, full skirt seals the deal for me! Molly's rosy cheeks and Lorraine Schwartz earrings complete and pull together the full look.

Darren Criss in Dior


Another first! This is the first time a boy as appeared on one of my best dressed lists. I felt the ladies were so lack luster this year that it was finally time for a man to be recognized for his fashion sense. The floral tuxedo is fresh and interesting when paired with the standard bow tie, slacks, and shoes. Also, congratulations to Darren for his win for the portrayal of Andrew Cunanan in the miniseries The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. He was amazing.

Saoirse Ronan in custom Gucci


Chain mail is a little naughty and a little risky. I felt this was Saoirse coming out as a true adult actress whereas she's been seen primarily as a young adult actress in younger roles in the last. I love the way this dress just floats above her body. Her hair tucked behind her ears is so simple and allows those gorgeous drop earrings to shine!

Timothee Chalamet in Louis Vuitton


Another boy! And who says you need a tuxedo for the Golden Globes?! I love how he keeps it younger and fresh by choosing to ditch the jacket and go for a glittery harness instead. Appropriate for his age (23) and breaking from tradition. Love!

Felicity Huffman in Laura Basci


She's fit, she's smiling, and she looks dazzling in this intricately beaded gown. I love how the beads catch the light for the perfect amount of sparkle and the fit is impeccable. She looks out of this world at 56 years old!


My worst dressed include Linda Cardellini (80s prom called - they want their hair and dress back), Amy Adams (snooze fest), Elsie Fisher (red velvet on the red carpet) and Melissa McCarthy who dressed up as a wizard.

9 comments

  1. Oh I love love Felicity Hoffman's dress. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I saw any of these dresses! Kristen Bell was my favorite - I just thought it was sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Marchesa is always a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love all your picks. Molly Simms was exceptionally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually didn't catch much of the red carpet, but I love all your picks! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't not get creeped out when looking at Darren Criss - he was scary good in that mini-series!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody stepped up their fashion game. I like the floral print of that dress. And sparkles are my favorite always :) I love award season!

    ReplyDelete