How to Properly Wash Your Unmentionables

With the Victoria's Secret Semi Annual Sale, I treated myself to some much needed new bras. Even with the sale, Victoria's Secret bras can be a it pricey. I've never paid attention to how I should be caring for my bras. I've always just thrown them in the wash with all my other clothing. Today you're about to learn...



Bras can be washed in the washing machine! 

Hook the back of your bras.
Place inside a lingerie bag with similar colors. 
Wash on the delicate cycle in cool water with a gentle detergent.
When you take your molded cup bras out of the washing machine, reshape the cups with your hands.
Do not wring or stretch your bras.
Always hang your bras to dry.



However, the preferable way to wash delicates is by hand!

Fill a clean sink with lukewarm water.
Add an alcohol-free hand washing detergent.
Soak your bras for up to 1 hour.
Rub material together to remove dirt.
Place wet garment on a towel.
Lay another towel over the top and press to remove excess water.
Remember: don't wring out your bras!
Reshape molded cups with your hands.
Hang to dry.


You can wait and wash bras every 2-3 wears (depending on personal hygiene) to prolong their life. Just make sure to NEVER put your bras in the dryer. The heat will break down the spandex and elastic.You can also wash was your panties using the instructions above; however, they should be washed after one wear!


Share any tips you may have in the comments!





2 comments

  1. Great info! I dry my bras in the drier - oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using a lingerie bag the last year and found my bras lasted so much longer (even if I do throw them in the dryer-- oops!).

    ReplyDelete