It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

CHRISTMAS!


Nick and I finally flipped it in to Christmas gear this weekend. We always visit a local tree farm in search of the perfect Christmas tree to cut down. White pines are our favorite and I think we got a pretty good one this year!


Growing up Nick and I always cut down trees with our family so once we bought our house we bough the tradition back. Another tradition for us is to count the rings once the tree is cut to see how old the tree was. This year we counted ten rings, which worked out perfectly because this is our 10th Christmas together! Almost too perfect, and of course I got super sentimental.




Nick got the tree into the house, in it's stand, and strung the lights on Saturday. We just need to do the garland and ornaments! I use silver garland because I love my tree to be as gaudy as possible! Plus, it's an Angle-family tradition! My tree wouldn't be complete without the silver garland.


On Sunday I decorated the dining room, front entry way, and put out a few things in our living room.





Please excuse the horrible cell phone photos and terrible lighting, and have a super Monday!

9 comments

  1. I love how you decorated your home. Those stockings are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that y’all go and pick out your tree together! Your house is looking extra festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is SO pretty! And how perfect is the ten rings for ten years? That would make me sentimental, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so fun that you go and pick out your tree! I'm hoping that next year we'll get to do that. xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your way! I think it's so fun to pick your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree! I saw a cute thing on Pinterest that you might like since you cut your own tree every year. After Christmas cut a piece off the bottom of the tree truck about 1/2 inch think and drill a hole in the top of the circle. Tie a ribbon through it and write the year on it and you have a Christmas ornament to remember that year and that tree! I thought it was kinda cute. It actually snowed in Georgia this weekend (we hardly ever see snow) so it kinda got me in the spirit and I put up the tree on Friday while it was snowing. Have a Merry Christmas!! -Crystal

    ReplyDelete