Monday Madness + NKTOB

Ya'll... Saturday night was one of best nights of my life. It was EPIC and 25 years in the making.


My friend Ines and I went to see the Total Package Tour ft. Boyz II Men, Paula Abdul, and headlined by NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!

My love affair with NKOTB started when I was 7 years old - 25 years ago! Their Hangin' Tough album came out in 1988, but I remember getting in to them much later around 1992. I remember having a New Kids folder, eraser, and ruler in the second grade. On top of that I had trading cards, slippers, and off course the album on cassette. 


Joey McIntyre was my very first crush! Let's just say when his Stay the Same album came out in the early 2000s I was all over that.


I wanted to go to a concert soooooooooo bad when I was younger, but of course my parents felt I was a little too young to see older teenage boys gyrating and crooning (I mean, Joey was 18 by this time), so since then seeing them play live has been on my bucket list. 


I was so giddy with excitement, and had a great time signing and dancing! They provided a really high energy show with all the classic dance moves, crotch grabs, and plenty of ab showing. They did songs from their newer albums and also classics such as I'll Be Loving You, Please Don't Go Girl, Step by Step, Tonight, Hangin' Tough, and the Right Stuff.


And yes, they did get better with age... Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure.







It was like living a dream! Happy Monday!





9 comments

  1. That's awesome! I've seen them three times, twice as a young teen (12 and 14 I think?) and once when I was older (18?). I'm glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! We saw Backstreet Boys when we were in Vegas in March, and oh my goodness, they were so good! It really transported me back to my preteen self, and I loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! NKOTB are coming to Fenway this summer with I think Paula Abdul which sounds really fun! Those nostalgic concerts are the best! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a great group of artists to see in concert. I bet it was the best time. It would send me down memory lane for sure. I was a Jordan fan myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I adore NKOTB!! They were my High School jam. They were on the Today Show today and I was thinking how fun it would be to go to their concert. So happy you went, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!!! This looks amazing! So glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad that you finally got to see them live!! -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh so much fun! I saw Boyz II Men a few years ago, but have been wanting to see NKOTB too <3

    ReplyDelete