Quick Michigan Cherry Crisp

Today's recipe comes from MidWest Living. Michigan is a huge producer of cherries and folks in these parts are very proud of our cherry exports. We even have the National Cherry Festival every July in Traverse City and store called Cherry Republic for all of your cherry product needs.



What You'll Need:

1/3-1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
4 cups of frozen, unsweetened pitted tart cherries
1 cup of crumbled short bread cookies
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup of pecans or almonds, toasted.

What You'll Need To Do:

Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Place cherries in large saucepan.
Sprinkle sugar/cornstarch mixture over the cherries
Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
Cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cookies, butter, and nuts.
Sprinkle cookie mixture over cherry mixture once plated.
Serve a la mode if you desire.

Enjoy!



5 comments

  1. What a yummy treat - I'm so happy that cherries are back in season and I can get my fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not the biggest fan of cherries, but my husband is. I bet he would LOVE this!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Republic is so great! I really loved going to Traverse City-I really wish we would have made it for the festival. Your recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks sooo delicious! When is cherry season the strongest, I need to visit Michigan then because I absolutely love cherries!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I saw cherries at the store yesterday but they were like seven dollars a pound! Not in the budget this week! Growing up my parents had a cherry tree in the backyard and that was the best! Once they're on sale I'm going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete