2016 Met Gala Fashion

The fashion elite gathered in New York City on Monday for the annual black-tie Met Gala. This year the costume ball's theme was 'Manus x Machina: Fashion in the Age of Technology.' The theme explored the relationship between clothes made by hand vs. clothes made by machine.

This year featured a lot of metallics and futuristic looks that I really enjoyed.

Naomi Watts in Burberry 


If you look back at previous posts, Naomi Watts always makes my Best Dressed list. She always picks elegant, timeless pieces that fit her shape. However, I could do without the same black strappy sandals she seems to wear with every dress.

Emily Blunt in Michael Kors

I love pregnant women celebrating and wearing body con dresses. This silhouette looks amazing on her and I'm all for navy blue, lace, and a little sparkle!  

Alison Williams in Peter Pilotto


I love the one shoulder, the cut out, and the dramatic train! It's interesting because this almost look like upholstery fabric.

Rosie Huntington-Whitley in Ralph Lauren


I love the simplicity of this and I'm a sucker for a white gown. I like how she incorporated the theme in her silver clutch and her makeup looks great!

Emma Roberts in Tory Burch


This is my favorite look from the night! In case you haven't noticed from the blog, but I love purple! This purple ombre is beautiful and the cut and pattern make it young and fresh - totally age appropriate for Emma.

Looks that I felt were a miss include Alicia Vikander, Solange Knowles, and Selena Gomez. I also don't get the hero worship a lot of gals have for Sara Jessica Parker. She does nothing for me.

Who were your favorites from this year's Met Gala?


5 comments

  1. i agree about selena gomez. not a fan. i love emily blunt though, she looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Emily Blunt's look is probably my favorite of these.
    Thanks for sharing - this is a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen Emma Roberts dress and I'm loving that color!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea Emily Blunt was pregnant again, she looks amazing!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the roundup - I really liked Naomi Watts dress!!

    ReplyDelete