Monday Madness: It's beginning to look a lot like... Thanksgiving!




Nick and I are leaving tomorrow night after work for Pennsylvania to be with my family for an extended weekend and celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas with them. I'm so excited!  This weekend I started to pack and also wrapped up some Christmas gifts for the fam.





I can't wait to get on the road. Tuesday night we are making a stop at the Pennsylvania-Ohio border and staying the night with my favorite roomie from college, Laura. I haven't seen her in a few years so I am excited to get to spend some time with her on Wednesday morning before we head across Pennsylvania to my parents place.

The cold weather and snow has finally settled in to Michigan. Here are some pics from my front porch:



This is barely an accumulation by Michigan standards!


Highlights from the weekend:






Both great books. The Catching Fire movie was awesome. Also, in case you haven't heard - the movie version of The Fault with Our Stars will be released in June 2014.



Happy Thanksgiving!
xo, Ashley



12 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, your puppy with the presents is just too much! Enjoy the family time in Pennsylvania!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I haven't seen that much in, well, ever! I can't believe y'all are already having so much snow! I don't know how you Northerners do it! I would love to have a white Christmas one year though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Your puppy is so adorable! Im reading The Fault In Our Stars right now. Hope you have a great trip. Your blog is cute. Im your newest follower. (from Sami's Shenanigans link-up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to check out your blog. Let me know how you like the book! The trip was great. Getting back into blogging this week.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know they were making a Fault in your stars movie. I love that book.
    Have a great trip.
    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Checking out your blog now...
      I'm interested to see what they do with it in movie form.

      Delete
  5. I have heard AMAZING things about catching fire. I have yet to read the book... I am so behind the curve. Gah, your pup is so adorable! I just can't get enough! I hope you have an awesome trip! Happy holidays, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little guy! He's such a joy. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  6. Have a safe trip this week and I hope you have a great time for your Thanksgiving/Christmas event. Its funny that you say its just a minor accumulation of snow by Michigan standards as that much snow would almost certainly shut school down for a day or two here in VA. Have a great week!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow is so beautiful!

    The Fault in Our Stars was a great read.. I just finished it :) I don't know if I will want to see it in movie form though :/

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Sean! Thanks for checking out the blog. I love that you and your wife blog together. Yeah, that snow accumulation is nothing!What part of VA? I have family that lives in Herndon. Hope you both enjoyed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete