Grand Plans


I had grand plans to work on my blog this weekend. I have so many posts planned for November, but have yet to actually sit down, write them out, or edit photos. My idea was to hunker down this past weekend and get it all done and scheduled to publish. Obviously, that did not happen. I ended up heading to Nick's hometown and spending time with my sisters and brothers-in-law. It was just supposed to be a Saturday thing, but turned into a Saturday and half of Sunday thing.

The day started out hanging out as a big group, fawning over my new niece Miss Demi Grace, and having some delicious grilled bratwurst for lunch. In the evening my sisters-in-law, Meghan, Shelby, and I decided to head out to run some errands. We ended up heading to Babies R Us, Target, and closed down the local Bigby (a coffee shop). We even sat in the car outside of Bigby for another hour talking! We showed up at Nick's parents house at 11pm and decided our bonding time wasn't over. The girls headed over to Shelby's house for a girls night and the boys stayed at Nick's parents for some brotherly bonding. The girls and I had such a fun time (whiskey and wine may have been involved). I think we “went to bed” at 6:30am on Sunday morning!!!

As much as I can be open about my life I can be just as closed off. It's probably because of my past hurts within friendships. I tend to stay to myself. I was really able to open up to Meghan and Shelby and I really do consider them my friends. I don't always remember that they often go through the same things I do because we married brothers and married into the same family. We can really count on each other because of this. We can give strength to each other when going through a hard time. In a way we're all in the same boat. I'm so glad to have them to bounce ideas and issues off of!

Sometimes it's great when your plans don't work out. Something better is usually on the horizon.



Brandy and Shelby, Ben and Meghan, Nick and me - Christmas 2012

Sunday was a complete wash since I didn't go to bed on Saturday. Yesterday, I woke up with a barometric pressure headache so working on my blog wasn't happening and this morning I ended up sleeping until 10! Now I have to jet out off to work. Hopefully I will have a more formal, put together post for you soon! Have a great week!


4 comments