Recent Beauty Buys


I.LOVE.PRODUCTS.



//1// I've been on a quest to find a noncomedogenic foundation. I wanted to decrease my spending on makeup so I went with Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation first. This was a nice foundation, but didn't give me enough coverage.

//2// I recently added PanOxyl Wash into my acne regimen. I already use two different prescription creams and moisturize with Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream. I feel like I've really hit a sweet spot in my treatment with the addition of PanOxyl. For a 4% benzyl peroxide product it's nice and creamy and doesn't dry out my face.

//3// I bought Biotera Ultra Moisturizing Replenishing Condition after reading that the brand was a comparable, but a cheaper version of Biolage. I have bleached, fine, tangley hair and need a thick, creamy conditioner. This was not it. It's very thin and runny and I have to use copious amounts to feel like it's moisturizing my hair.

//4// We carry Jane Iredale makeup products where I work, but have always been hesitant to purchase because of the price. However, still on my quest for the perfect foundation, I ended up getting Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream. I really like it. It is a full coverage like I wanted and has a citrus scent to it.



//5// After the Biotera conditioner failure I tried Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt + Repair. I'm sad to report this was another miss. I was expected it to be thick, and although it is creamier than the Biotera, it still wasn't enough for me.

//6// Whereas the Biotera conditioner was not for me I was really happy with Biotera Ultra Color Care Shampoo. I feel like I have to use a small amount compared to other shampoos for my long hair, it lathers well, and smells great!

//7// I like to use a hair oil after washing to add moisture and smooth it out. Hair Food Nourishing Coconut Hair Oil isn't really oil. It's a gel consistency and doesn't even compared to R+Co Tinsel or Moroccan Oil.


//8// I love my EcoTools Full Powder Brush! The bristles are super soft and I love that it blends my powder so nicely without much effort on my part.

//9// Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint Foundation was another one of my purchases on my quest to find the perfect noncomediogenic foundation. And it sucks. It oxidizes so bad. I looked so orange!

//10// EltaMD UV Clear is my favorite facial sunscreen! First, it's formulated for acne prone skin and second, it doesn't leave me feeling greasy. I hate being greasy from sunscreen especially on the face. I put this on every morning before any makeup!





1 comment

  1. Sorry you didn't love the conditioner! I have really thick hair so I've found that it works well. Did you try the ColorCare conditioner? I've really only used their ColorCare products.

    ReplyDelete