Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Copycat Recipe



What You'll Need:

12 oz of thawed, raw, deveined shrimp
1 to 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of baking soda
green onions
lettuce
1/3 cup of mayonaise (or miracle whip for a sweeter taste)
3 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
3 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce

What You'll Need to Do:

Mix together mayonaise, sweet chili sauce, and chili garlic sauce to form the sauce.
Set aside.

Place thawed shrimp in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
Let soak for at least 30 minutes.
Mix bread crumps, cornstrach, and naking soda in a separate dish or bowl.
Place cooking oil in a 2 quart sauce pan and heat oil to 375°.
Remove 10 to 12 shrimp from the buttermilk and pat dry on paper towels.
Coat shrimp with dry ingredients mixture.
Place shrimp in a spider mesh basket and lower into hot oil.
Fry for 2 minutes or until the shrimp is medium browned.
Remove the shrimp and place on a cooling rack.
Repeat for the remaining shrimp.
Coat the shrimp with the sauce
May be served on a bed of chopped lettuce and garnish with chopped green onion.
ENJOY!




6 comments

  1. Oh my! This sounds and looks delicious! I know my husband would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bang Bang Shrimp! We made a similar pasta recently! I need to try your recipe too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy deliciousness! Unfortunately, I'm allergic to seafood *womp womp*, but will totally sub in some chicken for this <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, I'm not really a fan of shrimp, but my fiance would LOVE this. I might have to make it for him. If I'm ever feeling extra nice ;)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo looks restaurant quality. I just don't have faith mine would turn out the same :(

    ReplyDelete