Monday Madness Link Up 10.5.15

Another Monday... think of it as a fresh start.


So, I had to report for jury selection for the first time ever. There were 7 cases they were choosing a jury for, but everyone ended up taking a plea. Basically we sat in the hallway during the pleas and then got called into the courtroom and told we could leave. I feel like I did my civic duty.

On Saturday Nick and I tailgated at and went to the MSU homecoming game. I always try to dress cute for these games, but it's pretty much impossible because East Lansing, Michigan has the sh*ttiest weather of anywhere I have ever been. It ended up being 48 degree and rainy. I didn't get to take too many pictures because my fingers would get too cold. I ended up in my father-in-law's rain slicker, my mother-in-law's winter hat and Nick's winter gloves. I don't even enjoy football. Boo. Thank goodness that we left at half time.





When we got home I turned on the space heater and wrapped myself in some blankets and we watched the newest version of the Left Behind movie. It was an interesting role for Nicholas Cage.


I started reading this book series right after I graduated college and got through a lot of them. It was really good. However, I didn't finish them and they're so involved that I'm thinking about starting again from the beginning. Has anyone else read this book series?


Speaking of books...



I finally got my hands on The Royal We!!!!! As a Royal Watcher I've been dying to read this book and it took me way to long to do it! Review coming soon...



14 comments

  1. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the Royal We and I'm LOVING it! I wasn't sure what to expect (I had fears it might be super cheesy) but Ive really enjoyed it so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Royal We sounds awesome - I definitely need to check it out. Sorry about the bad weather for tailgating. I always tried to do the same (dress cute) when we lived in CT for football, but it was below 40 like half of the time, so that was impossible haha. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the rainy and cold weather even if I were doing something I love!! I'm not a fan of being wet! The Royal We is on my to be read soon lost so I'm looking forward to your review! I'm currently reading The List. So far so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather this weekend was BRUTAL - it was like we skipped straight ahead to December! Thank goodness for the return of 70 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about The Royal We, might have to pick it up. The last time I got called up for jury duty I called their hotline number every day and didn't have to report once. It was wonderful! You definitely did your civic duty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to read The Royal We, I hear all good things about it. I can't decide if I want to get it for my iPad or get it hardcover. Sorry to hear about the bad weather. Hopefully, it will be better for the next game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sports until the weather is bad. Then I'm like get me out of here now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to read that book! it's not at my library yet but i'm going to pounce on it when it does! thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to put the Royal on my reading list. I read the Left Behind series in high school. I don't remember much except being terrified of the rapture. I tried to watch the movie but could not get past the first 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the weather this weekend-it fell so sharply and we were in the low 50s with 40 mph winds. Yuck. :( Thankfully, it's supposed to warm up this week! I have The Royal We on my Kindle but haven't read it yet-can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant imagine that weather so soon! But glad you had a good weekend anyway! Hopefully you get some warmth this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad I found your blog! I enjoyed reading this post and I can totally relate to the first sticker you put in this post. But then again, can't we all?
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Spartans! (My dad and most of his family went to MSU haha). I keep seeing the Royal We everywhere, I need to pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, books on your post...you should link up to my bookworm Wednesday yesterday :) this is now the second time I've seen this book though!!!

    ReplyDelete