Travel Tuesday: Road Trip Essentials


Tomorrow Nick and I leave for Pennsylvania! I can't wait to get home and see all my friends and family and celebrate the holidays. The journey home is not a short one. It takes 10+ hours each way. Nick and I have been doing this back and forth, Michigan – Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania – Michigan, thing for nearly eight years. We always drive because it's still cheaper than two plane tickets. Over the years I have found certain items that are essential for the drive.



Adults need an activities backpacks too! It's so much easier than jamming everything into my purse. All must haves go into my activities backpack.


If you're not the driver you'll want these!



It's really hard to eat healthy on the road. Pack your own healthy snacks and water.


Keep these within reach. You will want to freshen up at some point.


Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!


9 comments

  1. Great list! You covered all the essentials for sure :) Love the travel toothbrush/toothpaste... definitely worth keeping in your bag! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally true--adults definitely need their own travel packs! Luckily when my husband and I go to PA it's only a 2.5-3 hour drive so it's not as necessary. For our 8+ hour drive to SC it was totally needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! I definitely agree that adults need an activities backpack. I wish I could read in the car. That would make it so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE to have snacks and a few books otherwise I get really restless on road trips. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wow - 10+ hours in the car is tough and travel safe tomorrow with the weather coming our way!! The pillow and blanket would be my essentials for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great round-ups! those eye covers are a necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing ideas! We just have to travel an hour; doesn't seem so bad now! Safe travels and have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Im not sure I can drive for 10 hours though yikes!!

    ReplyDelete